- what cookies are;
- how you can manage cookies used on our websites;
- further information; and
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer, smart phone, tablet or other electronic device if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your device’s hard drive and some cookies may collect personal data about you. You can find more general information about cookies at: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
We want you to understand the different types of cookies that are used on our websites. We use a variety of types of cookies for the following purposes:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these are cookies strictly necessary for the performance of our websites, for example cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our websites (eg Stripe for payments).
- Performance cookies: these cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our websites when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way our websites works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily (e.g. Google Analytics).
- Functionality cookies: these cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our websites. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
Cookies do lots of jobs on our websites. However, most browsers allow you to disable them if you would like to. If you disable cookies, you may find that you have a less personalised experience on our websites and that certain parts of our websites do not work at all or do not work correctly.
- If you use Microsoft Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- If you use Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- If you use Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21447?locale=en_US
- If you use Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- If you use Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
If you use different devices, make sure you configure the settings of the corresponding browser according to your preferences.
If you wish to opt-out of tracking by Google Analytics across all websites you can do so here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Except for essential cookies, our session cookies will expire after your browsing session.